‘Game of Thrones’ Actress Emilia Clarke Just Shared Photos From Her Brain Aneurysm Recovery Process

By | 12:34 AM Leave a Comment
91st Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals
Emilia Clarke is continuing to open up about her life threatening battle against brain aneurysms. The Game of Thrones actress experienced her first subarachnoid hemorrhages when she was just 24-years-old. Two years later, it happened again. Clarke was able to keep her condition under wraps for almost a decade, however, she decided to open up about her experience in order to bring more awareness to the "invisible" injury.

"With the second one, there was a bit of my brain that actually died," Clarke explained during an interview with CBS Sunday Morning. She went on to say that "if part of your brain doesn't get blood to it for a minute, it will just no longer work. It's like you short circuit. So I had that."



Clarke worried that she would no longer be able to act following her second aneurysm. "That was a deep paranoia, from the first one as well. I was like, 'What if something has short-circuited in my brain and I can't act anymore?' I mean, literally it's been my reason for living for a very long time!"

"With the second one, I found it much harder to stay optimistic," she continued. "I definitely went through a period of being down, to put it mildly."



Clarke even shared a series of never-before-seen photos of her recovery period, showing what it's really like to suffer this kind of brain trauma.
Thankfully, the 32-year-old actress is now "completely in the clear" medically. Now that Game of Thrones is coming to an end after eight seasons, her next big project is launching her new charity SameYou, which focuses on neurorehabilitation. "I really, really am going to put my heart soul an back into transforming aftercare for brain injury recovery," she said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment