Channing Tatum Hates G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

By | 3:16 AM Leave a Comment
tatumgijoe
Channing Tatum went on The Howard Stern Show to promote Magic Mike XXL and when 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobrawas brought up he quickly trashed it.

In 2005, Channing Tatum landed his first movie role in Coach Carter, which starred Samuel L. Jackson. That film was produced by Paramount Pictures, which signed the young actor to a three-picture deal. He ended up in G.I. Joe because Paramount had him on contract for two more films.
“Look, I’ll be honest, I f–king hate that movie," Tatum said of G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra to Howard Stern. "I hate that movie. I was pushed into doing that movie. From Coach Carter (2005), they signed me to a three-picture deal. They give you the contract and they go, ‘Three-picture deal, here you go.’ And as a young [actor], you’re like, ‘Oh my god, that sounds amazing, I’m doing that!’”
Several years later, Tatum's stock had risen and that is when Paramount cashed in on 3-picture deal and had him star in their first live-action G.I. Joe film. The studio wanted him to play Duke/Conrad Hauser, which he did, but Tatum wanted to play the mute ninja Snake Eyes.
Tatum reluctance to do the film stemmed from "the script wasn't any good," which in turn made him, a huge fan of the cartoon growing up, scared of being a part of a "bad" G.I. Joe film.  
You can listen to Channing Tatum's comments in the video below.
Magic Mike XXL opens on July 1, 2015.

0 comments:

Post a Comment